We Can’t Wait to See You!
To keep our congregation and community safer, we have implemented a number of new guidelines based on recommendations of the Knox County Health Department and CDC. Please review these guidelines and policies before attending a service, activity, or event at Central Bearden.
When to stay home
sunday & wednesday
- Masks are required and must be worn at all times – we will have a limited supply for those who are unable to provide their own. Children 2 and under are not required to wear a mask. Children ages 3 – Pre-K are to wear masks in hallways and common areas and are encouraged to wear them in classrooms as much as they can be tolerated.
- Do not hug, shake hands, high-five, or partake in any other form of close contact.
- Elevator is limited to 2 people (standing on opposite sides) or 1 family unit.
- In order to maintain proper distancing in the sanctuary, every other pew will be closed.
- Please observe social distancing at all times, maintaining a minimum of a 6-foot distance from others. Staff will be monitoring to encourage social distancing in and outside the building.
- Restrooms are limited to one person or family unit at a time.
- Water fountains and Keurigs will be unavailable, please bring your own food or water bottle from home; no shared food or drink stations are available or permitted.
- Offering baskets and envelopes are placed at the rear of the sanctuary rather than being passed around or being made available in the pew racks. Giving kiosks are available in the sanctuary foyer and Welcome Center.
When to Stay Home
- If you don’t feel comfortable joining us in-person, please don’t feel pressured to come! It’s okay to stay home and it’s okay to attend. Please do what you are comfortable with.
- If you are sick or exhibiting symptoms.
- If you are an individual with underlying medical conditions, we are encourage you to continue utilizing our livestream groups and services.
- If you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, have traveled internationally or domestically.
Sundays & Wednesdays
Sunday Bible Study Entrances
Fellowship Hall North, Breezeway, Preschool Weekday (by preschool desk), Welcome Center, and CORE; open from 8:15 – 9:30
Sunday Worship Entrance
Sanctuary doors on Deane Hill Drive; open at 9:45.
Wednesday Night Entrances
Fellowship Hall North & Breezeway (open from 5 – 6:15); Preschool Weekday door by 1st floor Preschool Desk (open 5 – 7:45).
Those who would like to be included in contact tracing, should the need arise, may provide their name and contact information for the greeter to record.
The order of worship will be available digitally. Individuals are requested to exit promptly since congregating is not permitted.
Guidelines for Children
- At first sign of any COVID-19 symptoms, parents will be called/texted/paged to pick up their child.
- We will do our best to encourage social distancing among the children, but realize that is not always possible with children!
- We encourage one parent/adult to drop-off and pick-up and, when possible, for it to be the same parent/adult at both.
- Each child will receive individual bags of supplies for their class and it will be labeled with their name and stored in their room to avoid extra cross-contamination.